Wednesday 16 May 2018

Website Development

I've been trying out a few different website platforms such as Cargo, Squarespace, Wix etc and have found Wix to be the best for me to move forward with. This is because of it's ease of use, drag and drop layout features, and customisable options.



This is the current set up of the landing page that I've chosen to stick with. My name and email adress are clearly displayed at the top, with the three different pages Work, About and Contact, clearly available to the user. The website then turns into a gallery of my work that users can look through at their own pace. Upon clicking on an image thumbnail, the website takes you to the project page where a brief description of the project is given, alongside a selection of other relevant images from the project that the user can scroll through. 



In terms of the About and Contact page, I've kept these relativley simple. I thought it best to include some kind of picture of myself on the About page and a short description of who I am and where I've studied in order to make it seem more like theres a person behind this work, adding a kind of personal touch, if that makes sense. The contact page again is simple, with my email address, a link to my instagram and a link to my etsy store at the top of the page. Theres then an enquiry form below if the user chooses to use this. 

Domains
I have bought the domain 'leahroseillustration.co.uk' for a very reasonable price, thinking that I'd be able to just link this up to the website and start publishing my website on other platforms BUT Wix is a little bit sneaky, and in order to connect the domain, and rid myself of their ad's I need to pay for a plan which is £5.99 a month. This would be fine if it was just £5.99 coming out of my bank every month but they want it all in one go and i just can't afford to do that right now. This will be something I look into when my finances aren't awful. 

Temporary Link:  https://leahroseillustrati.wixsite.com/mysite



No comments:

Post a Comment