Monday 21 May 2018

End of Module Evaluation

Throughout the course of this module, I have identified who I am becoming as a professional, how I can navigate the creative industries and how to shape my practice into something that can be commercially viable and still be something that I'm happy with and enjoy creating work for.

Creative Presence has forced me to look at myself in a professional aspect, something that I struggle with doing as I dont take myself very seriously. Its made me consider how I present myself and my work online, how to promote my work online and how to curate all these different aspects into one cohesive 'brand' as such. My website has been under development for the past few months and when published, will act as the central hub to my creative presence, containg links to other social media platforms and methods of contact.

The blog has always acted as a way for me to document my thoughts and interpretations of the world around me and how I fit into that as a professional, and thats how I've been documenting this module this year. PP3 has allowed me to evaluate my own creative strategies and how i'm going to progress into the next year and eventually into the Creative Industry. For the imediate future, I have recognised that I need to take a step back from Illustration and allow myself some room to breathe and figure out how to be a real person outside of university. When I feel the time is right, I am definitley going to come back to my practice and continue exploring and expanding it but for now, I feel I desperatley need the time away from it all.

My apsirations for the near future include being able to print and create products self-sufficiently, either investing in equipment I'd need or gaining membership at somewhere like Leeds Print Workshop. I then want to expand from my online store and see if I can get any local businesses interested and involved in stocking my work. Print and Zine fairs are definitley something I will be continuing to attend and hold stalls at, starting locally and then pushing myself further afield.

No comments:

Post a Comment