Wednesday 16 May 2018

Peter and Paul Collaboration

I decided to take part in the Peter & Paul x LAU collaborative brief that was sent out view the university opportunities email. The brief asks for an image, based around a quote, to become part of a large scale mural in the new building of Blenheim Walk. Murals have been something that I've been interested in for a little while and that i feel my work would sit well with. As well as this, it gave me an opportunity to experience working collaborativley with someone that wasn't a student and wasn't directly involved with University.

The whole experience was positive, I submitted drafts and final images on time and to the brief requirments, and in return I got prompt email replies, with specific adjustments that needed to be made. This worked well for me after hearing hell-ish stories from visiting professionals on dealing with tricky clients, to my surprise, it all went okay.

Another thing thats held me back from trynig to get any kind of work outside of uni or from working collbaortivley is my own confidence and anxiety issues that rear their heads when I have to physically stand in front of someone and talk about myself and my work. This wasn't a problem at all in regards this brief as all communication was conducted via email, giving me time to collect my words and process my thoughts and ideas, all in all, allowing me and the client to communicate effectivley. I dont think this is something that I'm going to worry about going into the future, as completing work and working with other people is something that I can do comfortably without having to do terrifying pitches in front of clients (yet).


No comments:

Post a Comment