Sunday 15 May 2016

Presentation Initial Thoughts - Type Up from Sketchbook Notes

Slide 1 
- Introduction, who I am
- How has this year been? (hella hard) 
- How has this affected me and my practice? 
- How I want to move on from this

Slide 2
- Where I was at the start of the year - excited, eager, wanting to explore new mediums and ways of image making
- Wanted to expand my knowledge of illustration, discover new applications of illustration and new practitioners
- What I expected from first year and what first year was actually like 

Slide 3 
- What new mediums have I explored - shape, texture, vectors, collage, 3D (burgh), composition
- What new practitioners have I discover? - Irana Douer. Lizzy Stewart, Laura Callaghan, Gemma Topliss, Talulah Fontaine 
- Why do I like this things? What don't I like? How has this influenced me? 

Slide 4 
- Where am I now/Mistakes? 
- Not coming in - Depression (do i mention this? do i leave it out?)
- Limiting myself through my sketchbook size
- Quanitity and quality of work has been a huge disappointment and something that I'm really ashamed of

Slide 5 
- Work I've done this year that i want to talk about/include?
- Typology
- Otley book
- Some work from visual Language? 
- Vector Postcards

Slide 6 
- Personal Work vs Uni Work 
- How do I break this boundary? What am I going to do about it? 
- How do I incorporate more of myself, my thoughts and my personality, into my work? 

Slide 7 
- I have done some good things this year
- From where I was a few months ago I've come quite far - boosted my confidence
- Illustration showdown - Networking - Confidence - Self Promotion - Becoming more involved in my practice
- I've really picked myself up lately, I've got back into the swing of things, I'm looking forward to a break and to come back in 2nd year with a fresh mind and a better approach to my practice

Slide 8+9 
- Next year I want to develop a more specific style/way of working
- Get involved in the studio space more
- Involve myself, immerse myself in my practice 
- Narratives and emotive work 
- Let my personality and experiences push through

Slide 10 
- Illustrated self - talk through it 

Slide 11 
Top Tip 
- Rest - don't overwork yourself 
- Look after yourself mentally and physically 
- This course is really important to me but I've learnt that if I don't look after myself I'm not going to be able to reach my full potential. 


This needs some serious refining, maybe a bit more planning out but these are some of the main things that I want to cover in my presentation. 
I'll probably come back to this and adjust it or add things too it later on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment