Friday 6 May 2016

Illustration Showdown at Outlaws Yacht Club

So, one the 27th of April I held a stall at the first Illustration Showdown event in Leeds at Outlaws Yacht Club. I was so nervous but there was a really great, supportive atmosphere from all the people involved, stallholders and battlers were really lovely and it was so nice to feel like a part of this little creative community. There was loads of cool work by a range of different artists and illustrators and I even managed to sell a few of my own pieces of work that I'd taken along!


Here are a few photos from the night, taken by Kate McMillan

Part of the night was an Illustration battle, each round the two artists were given a theme and had to draw based around that theme and then everyone else would vote on a winner. 


The most awful picture of me to exist in all of time



Ladyfuzz and other cool things


It was really great to take part in something like this, I think it did my confidence a lot of good, especially with me actually selling some stuff. I was terrified of turning up there and everyone thinking my work was shit and not buying it or looking at it but I got some really positive feedback so I'm feeling a fair bit more confident in myself and in my work. I got asked if I'd like to take part in the next one which should be at Nation of Shopkeepers so hopefully I'll be able to take part in that! 
I think this kind of thing is something I;d like to do more of, it's a great way to network and meet other creatives and a great way to get your work out there a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment