Sunday 15 May 2016

Change of Plan

I've changed my mind! I want to do something different!

I was working on the positives for my screen print and i thought why am I doing this again? Why am I trying to make work that I think will fit what other people like? Why can't I just do something that I like? 

I feel like sometimes there's a lot of pressure to create work that fits a certain style or that people will find playful or funny and it's just not me. I prefer work that's bit more delicate and that provokes a feeling or emotion, drawings that are quiet subtle and delicate. And I'm only just starting to realise that there's nothing wrong with that at all, I can still make that kind of work and honestly, it doesn't matter if people like it or not, I really need to push myself to be happy with the work I'm producing and start working in a way that i enjoy and I think this poster could be the first little step towards finding my feet a little bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment