Sunday 15 May 2016

Illustrated Self - Development

Thing I want to include in my finished poster:
. plants, leaves, flowers - representing nature and growth
. main icon would be a hand holding a pencil - represents me as a creative, this will be central with all the other motifs and symbols floating around
. scissors, ink, pens, pencils - represents tools and media
. coffee mugs, crystals, dogs and skateboards - personal interests and things that i like
. books, sketchbooks - represent research, learning and development
. clock, calendar - showing time management and passing of time
. owl - represents leeds, leeds is where I was born, I moved away for quite a while and now I'm back and i love being here so much.





I started off with some simple line drawings of plants and leaves to get into the flow of things, I really liked how these turned out, they have a delicate appearance and are quite simple yet I think the simplicity of the line does add bit of personality or character to the drawings? 

I wanted to add colour and decided to go with a yellow and blue, I don't think the colours will be this bright when I do my final poster, it's just they were the only ones I had that were closest to the colours that I wanted. I'm a lot happier with the direction this is going, it's definitely a lot more in line with the work that I've been producing at home and it's nice to finally be able to start combining the two. 




Pretty sure I'm just going to paint my poster. I like producing work that looks a little more handmade, so I think just sticking to hand crafting my poster will be nice, I think I've had enough vectors for this year. I'm a lot happier with this idea than I was with my previous one, this feels a lot more like my work and it's something that I've enjoyed sketching out and developing, I'm looking forward to seeing  how my final poster turns out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment