Thursday 5 May 2016

OUIL402 PPP - Feedback and Reflection on Posters

In this session we were asked to rate and evaluate our posters that we made for the Personal, Professional and Ambitions task. I rated my posters from 1 to 3 with 1 being the best and 3 being the worst

1 - Ambitions
2 - Personal
3 - Professional

Ambitions - The task helped me realise what kind of work I want to be creating, emotive work that evokes a feeling or emotion in the viewer. I'm still not sure how I'm going to do it and what area of illustration I want to go into but now I know what kind of work I want to be making at least. I've struggled a lot trying to figure out what I want to do and where i want to give after the course so this helped me gain a bit of perspective.

Personal - Sums me up in a nutshell really, kind of gives an idea about my personality and what I enjoy. I did find this poster hard to do though, it's difficult to talk about myself and not just list a load of crappy qualities.

Professional - Promotes that I can draw kind of okay and is quite funny in that it pokes fun at my weaknesses. But is that a bad thing? That it highlights something that I can't do well? Maybe I should try and avoid this and focus on better qualities.


We swapped our work with another table and they had to choose which they thought was my best poster and why. This is the feedback I got:

Professional - Obvious, humour. Works well as a series and has consistency. Funny approachable tone.

I was happy with the feedback I got. I wanted my posters to work as a set together and also give of the sense that I am an approachable person. I was glad that they found it funny aswell, there were no comments made about me highlighting something i'm crap at, it seemed to work well so maybe it's not such a bad thing, everyone has their weaknesses after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment