Sunday 15 May 2016

Illustrated Self - Poster Ideas

 I started to develop a few ideas that I had floating around. I like the idea of symbolising loads of stuff that had popped up on my written diagram and placing it all together to create this big bundle of 'me'

One idea that I thought would work really well was to have an image of the back of a jacket, with loads of patches and images sewn onto the back. Each of the patches would represent a different aspect of myself and my personality/practice. I thought this was a cool idea because it's personal too me, it fits the kind of things that i'm into and I thought it was more original that some of my other more cliché ideas.

I developed my rough into a larger pencil drawing and then made a quick copy in colour. I've really enjoyed looking at work that includes limited pastel colours and it's something that I've tried to incorporate into my work and would like to try and incorporate into this piece.




I think I'll most likely be screen printing this, the bold blocky colours would look nice screen printed and I could get away with just using two colours and overlapping them to create a third.
Pretty sure this is what I want to do for the final poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment