Friday 17 March 2017

Presentation Skills Lecture

I fucking hate presentations

So I went to the presentation skills workshop to try and not hate presentations so much

It was useful, but I still hate presentations.

I got a few useful things from this talk such as how to structure a presentation and how to use things like book-ending to pull a presentation together and splitting the presentation into three sections and introducing these sections at the start of your talk so that both you and the audience can keep track of how far through your presentation you are. There were also a few things about behaviour during a presentation that i thought were quite useful, such as the speed and pitch that your talking at and giving yourself pauses between words and sentences.

Like I said, there were a few things that I found useful and I feel like they'd be easy to apply to my own presentations IF I wasn't so nervous and anxious about presenting in the first place. I feel like for me I could have done with more tips and tricks and how to stay calm and how to mentally prepare before delivering a presentation because I know as soon as I get up in front of people, I'm that much of a mess that I don't give a second thought to hand gestures or the pitch of my voice, focusing on things like that when I'm already ridiculously stressed has just made me more worried throughout the whole thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment