Sunday 19 March 2017

Looking Into Branding

I've been spending a little bit of time thinking about how I would go about branding myself as a professional. I feel that this is something that's going to be really important to my overall practice and professional appearance. I regret not spending time on this throughout the year as I feel I could have planned and developed my own branding and started to present myself more cohesively. Some of the things I've been thinking about is the tone of voice I need to convey through my own branding. I need to be able to encompass my practice and personality clearly so that this is something that is communicated to potential clients immediately. I've also been thinking about how branding can work across different platforms and what kind of social media/promotional materials I could use. This could include:
- business cards
- website
- professional instagram page
- Facebook page
- online store
- letterheads
- promotional mailing packages

I feel I would benefit from looking at examples of other illustrators branding and i feel this research is something that I will be undertaking over summer so that I can begin to develop my own identity. I remember going to the AOI talk earlier this year and the information we got from that in terms of self-promotion was really useful. They mentioned creating little mailer packs that you can send to studios/clients in order to get their attention. I've ordered some A6 postcards of my work in order to be able to start creating these little packages to send out to people. This is something I will be building on and developing more over the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment