Monday 28 November 2016

SWOT

STRENGTH
I think strengths in my practice include creating a hand-rendered feel to an image using traditional and hand-drawn techniques. I also think that attention to detail and ability to follow a brief to its full requirements/deliverables is another of my strengths and my ability to manage my time as effectively as I can.

WEAKNESS
My main weakness is a lack of digital skill. I am not comfortable with using either Photoshop or Illustrator so have avoided these means of image making over my time and the course which has naturally led to a decline in my ability to use the software. I am rectifying this by slowly teaching myself how to use the software to enhance my practice.

OPPORTUNITY
I think opportunity in my work may possibly lie within a narrative field, or maybe in some sot of retail. In all honesty, I can't pinpoint where my work sits within illustration and feel that having the flexibility to work in different sectors could give me an advantage. There is also always opportunity to build on and develop new and existing skills.

THREAT
Threats to my practice include other practitioners that have a broader skill set than me. I also think that my lack of confidence could in a way be a threat, I don't have it in me to network and 'put myself out there' and I feel that in the long run this is only going to stop me from advancing myself as a professional and my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment