Wednesday 9 November 2016

Study Task 1 - 5 Things...

5 things I've learnt on this programme so far... 
- Roughs are important
- Mistakes are okay (and sometimes lead to good things)
- Immerse yourself in research 
- Photoshop/Illustrator is the devil 
- Colours aren't that scary 

5 skills I think are my strengths...
- Pencil work/line work 
- Researching 
- Being more exhaustive within my sketchbook 
- Roughing 
- Procrastinating 

5 things I want to improve...
- Time Management 
- Digital Skills
- Regular Blogging
- Mental Health/Self Confidence/Attendance
- Confidence within my work 

5 things I want to know more about... 
- How to network
- Collaboration
- Getting my work 'out there' 
- How to present myself in a more professional manner
- Digital image making, particularly how to keep a hand-made feel to an image when creating work digitally 

5 practitioners that demonstrate my interest in Illustration...
- Alice Ferrow
- Tallulah Fontaine 
- Lizzy Stewart
- Irana Douer
- Gemma Topliss 
- Harriet Lee-Merrion

5 websites/online resources that demonstrate my areas of interest within the creative industries...
- Juxtapoz - Literally just found Nomi Chi on here and she is ridiculously good at everything I want to be good at 
- Creative Review - reviews creative things, wonderful
- Pinterest - Kind of typical but I find that it's really useful to just find what you want pretty quickly, good source of inspiration, easy to find funky illustrations
- Frankie Magazine - always have really cool cover art and also interviews with/articles on all different kinds of practitioners, mostly look at the printed magazine but they have some funky bits and pieces on their website too
- Oh Comely - not necessarily an online resource but a printed magazine that features different illustrators every issue, I've found some really great work through this magazine so thought it deserved a mention 

No comments:

Post a Comment