Friday 18 December 2015

OUIL402 Study Task 3 - Aesthetic

Aesthetic
Marcus Oakley - I really like the pastel tones of this pattern created by Marcus Oakley. The contrast of the black lines over the top of the colours is really striking and works well. I thought it was interesting to see how you can still use quite light, pastel shades of colour and overlap them with black without letting the black lines dominate the whole image. 

John McNaught - Once again the thing that really struck me about this piece was the colour palette. The light pastel shades of blue and pink mixed with the darker blue colour works really well and this is enhanced with the use of shape and mark making to achieve texture in the piece. 

Dick Vincent - I really love this piece, the composition and use of colour works so well together, I like how theres been a fair amount of detail added without over complicating the image and Vincent has used negative space effectively to add more of this detail. This image was based around British Folklore that Badgers bury their dead and even perform a burial ceremony which I found really interesting and I think this was also another reason I was so drawn to this piece.

Natalie Foss - I really like how vivid the colours are in this piece, Foss works amazingly with coloured pencils. I love how the colours contrast with each other and also how Foss has used lighter, softer shades of these colours to add detail and contours to the face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment