Friday 18 December 2015

OUIL402 Study Task 3 - Content

Content


Lizzy Stewart - I really love how this piece of narrative looks, being mostly black and white with a peachy colour that draws in the eye. I love how Stewart has made the group of girls sound like warriors preparing for some kind of battle. Being 14 myself at one point I can relate to this piece a lot, girls used to wander around in groups, gathered on walls and in parks, thinking they were on top of the world. 

Irana Douer - Since discovering Irana Douers work, she has quickly become one of my favourite Illustrators. I love how she makes her female characters look strong and wild. I feel like she really manages to push through the personality of her characters in a really beautiful but simple way.

Rachel Levit - The plant in this piece of Illustration is so striking! I love the vividness of the orange leaves against the more muted tones of the rest of the Illustration. I also think the composition of this piece is really interesting, there's an element of mystery too it with the plant covering the girls face. 

Martha Verschaffel - I found this piece to be really emotive. The blue/black tones accompanied with the image and text are really striking and to me provoke a sense of loneliness and loss. This combined with the hand made aesthetic works really well and has produced a piece that is very personal and provokes emotion in people.



No comments:

Post a Comment