Friday 18 December 2015

OUIL402 Study Task 3 - Process

Process


Sara Falli - Sara Falli's use of gouache is really striking. I love how she's overlapped different colours and different elements of the image to make this really interesting piece. I like how she's used the pink to highlight different body parts. This really stands out from the green/grey tones in the rest of the image. 

Michael Howard - I was really drawn to this piece because of the use of mark making. I think the use of marks gives a lot of character to the piece. I also like the bright pink bubble of the bubble gum, this is central to the image and draws the eyes in due to the vibrancy of the colour against the more earthy tones of the rest of the image.

Peony Yip - I really like how the Illustrator has overlapped this image, the composition is really well thought through with the girl and the animal being in similar positions. I like how the drawings are quite simple but overlap to make a piece that is more interesting and more intricate. 
Justin Lee Williams - I find this image really striking, the way the colours bleed together to create distorted facial features is really interesting. I think the image is pretty weird and quite unsettling to look at but I think that that's what makes it so striking to look at and this feeling is definitely enhance with the eerie way that the blacks of the mouth and eyes bleed into the rest of the face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment