Friday 18 December 2015

OUIL402 Study Task 3 - Product

Product


Coralie Bickford-Smith - I recently saw this book in Waterstones and honestly thought it was the most beautifully illustrated children's book I had ever seen. The colours used in the book are limited to the dark blue on the cover and a bright, vivid orange that has been used for the fox illustrations. The illustrations really add to the overall feel of the book and bring to life the story inside. 

John Littleboy - I think these cards are really fun and playful, they're pretty funny to look at and make what would usually just be a plain dull set of cards become interesting and entertaining to look at. Each different suit of cards tells a story of a dog embarking on a different activity e.g. digging holes, I think this really gives the cards character and adds to the humour of them.

Vikki Chu - I really like the softness of the Illustrations in this calendar. They're very delicate with a lot of detail and I'd also say they were quite feminine in how they have been produced. I think that applying Illustrations to things like calendars, which can be pretty dull, makes them easier too engage with. Because the calendar looks nice it makes you want to use it more. 

Jon Klassen - Jon Klassen is an illustrator I've recently discovered and one who's work I have fallen in love with. The use of textures and shape work really well together and I think that applying his type of Illustration to books is really effective with the words and images complementing each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment