Saturday 25 February 2017

Amélie Fontaine





I recently found Amélie Fontaines work via some trawling through pinterest and immediately fell in love with her textured pencil drawings. I've been returning to using pencil more and more in my work recently and am really enjoying it, so it's great to see practitioners that use pencil in such a beautiful way. The textures created my her choice of media give off a kind off dark, mysterious vibe whilst still remaining quite gentle and sophisticated in their appearance.

I've also been having a bit of a crisis with colour at the minute. It's never been something that I've particularly enjoyed working with, and I feel that when I do try work with colour, it's very difficult for me to be able to apply it in a way that looks any good. But then when I leave my work in black and white, I'm constantly feeling like it's not enough and that I won't be taken seriously if I'm not producing full colour images. I did have a bit of a chat with Ben recently about it and as he works in black and white a lot he kind of justified why it was fine for me to work like that. I think I still just need to relax and start doing what feels right for me, and start working in a way that I know that I enjoy, rather than being stuck in the rut of constantly trying to produce work that I'm not happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment