Saturday 25 February 2017

Another Zine - Tainted Love

I had another idea for a zine the other week at work. Basically, I was putting out some Double Decker Chocolate Bars at work and it reminded me of a guy I used to go out with who's favourite chocolate bar was Double Deckers. It made me laugh that I still had memories attached to such a trivial object and that how these memories made me feel could be provoked by something so simple. I thought this would be a good idea for a zine, if I could get some other people to send me their own objects that had become tainted via past relationships. I put out a survey to start collecting ideas for zine pages and got a really positive response! 



I've already started illustrating a few of the responses and am looking forward on working on this over the next week or so. I'm really hoping I can get this done and printed by the end of the upcoming week. I think it's really important for me to continue producing work for myself outside of uni briefs, it's giving me a chance to relax a bit, and disconnect from the stress that illustrating can sometimes have. it's also giving me a chance to not focus on grades and ILO's and just make something for myself to be proud of! I've put a few of the finished illustrations on here now and will be updating later once the zine is finished! 










No comments:

Post a Comment