Monday 11 April 2016

EXCITING (and nerve-wracking) THINGS ARE HAPPENING

I'm holding a stall to sell my work! How great is that! 
I was contacted by the lovely people at Illustration Showdown and asked if I would like to hold a stall to sell my work at their first Leeds event at Outlaws on the 27th of April. Usually I would have said no, I'm not really great at putting myself out there and my nerves and lack of confidence mean that usually as much as I'd love to do something like this, I more than likely pass the opportunity on. 



BUT after a lot of over thinking on whether or not I'm good enough for this kind of thing, and some gentle persuasion from friends and family I took the plunge and took the offer! I've had a fairly crappy year, uni's been hard, ridiculously tiring and my motivation is lacking massively, I thought hey, maybe if I do this it might give me a bit of a push in the right direction. I know it'll help me with my confidence, even if I don't sell anything I think being asked to take part in this and getting to know some other creative illustrator types might help me out a lot and help me get my head back into the right place. 


I'm still not entirely convinced that I'm good enough for this kind of thing. I don't class myself as a professional at all. But maybe this will be good for me, maybe this will give me the little confidence boost I need in order to get my head back on track and motivated to draw. At least it'll be a nice way to end first year!








No comments:

Post a Comment